Sunday, June 15, 2008

from cappuccino to curls

this sunday was another exercise in leisure; im getting rather spoilt. waking up at 8 am and having three cups of coffee served in real china {no travel tumblers today!} during brunch with my sister was an indulgence. the foot spa and 2-hour late lunch at home was sheer bliss. i got my toes redone from its previous scarlet glory to a more demure french pedicure while reading a month's worth of glossy fashion magazines. then, inspired by all the fashion blogs i read this afternoon, i curled my hair atonement-style for our official father's day dinner then pranced around fluffing my luxurious curls. alas, they only held their shape for two hours or so before deflating sadly, like abandoned balloons after a birthday party. i must get better hair products to hold the curls longer -- perhaps bedhead so it's cheap? i wore the curls with a green and yellow printed vintage skirt and a silky brown top with a blossom pin. perhaps next time i'll take a picture of my clothes; it's very rare for me to able to dress up in anything other than the regulation white coat for the hospital.

among other things, my father was very pleased to have all of us there for dinner. he was quite godlike at the head of the table. i adore my dad, i really do. the family gave him a navy lacoste windbreaker, ck summer cologne, a zippo lighter, and a golf vest for father's day. a good haul, all in all. we had a cappuccino to end the evening and then the parents had to leave for work.

{photo courtesy of restaurant le meac}

No comments: