Sunday, August 3, 2008

the trick is to keep breathing

well. as was aptly predicted by myself several posts ago, neurology rotation ate me for july and spat me out only several days ago for august, half alive after days and days of ct scans and mris, stroke conferences, rounds (and rounds and rounds and rounds) with my trusty neuro hammer, 6am call times, DNRs, and gallons of coffee. hemiparesis, anisocoria, and status epilepticus be damned, im now in radiology rotation and still breathing. that is, if my pneumonia doesn't get me first. i have a niggling suspicion that it might be pseudomonas from too much close contact with endotracheal tubes, but im willing to give azithromycin a fighting chance.

and on to other things: i haven't been online much since june, except for infinitesimal sneak peeks at the sartorialist when i'm supposed to be looking for online journals to present in conferences. i went back today and, well, this suits my day perfectly. the partly quizzical, half sulky look {blame it on the fact that i'm breathing forty times a minute to compensate for my shredded lungs}, the grey grey day, and still! the royalty of that blue! i adore it and only wish i'm as well-attired for my daily battle. but alas, im still out on my terrace at this late hour, bundled up in my oversize l/s oxford shirt and little else. listening to tiny dancer whilst having tea with my cheetos. perhaps tomorrow will be a brighter day.

1 comment:

1234 said...

hang in there, itll be worth it in the end hopefully. it sounds like youre on the way to sucess.