Wednesday, August 22, 2012

glitter and wish

i check my old email on impulse and amidst the nylon magazine updates, the invites from social networking sites, the random spam scattered amongst it all, i find a small reminder from blogger, like a small pearl pin half-lost in a tangle of curls.

spending a good half-hour reading about myself when i was an intern makes me mourn for the woman-child i was. i took myself for granted, the girl who could turn everything - from spilled coffee to pneumonia - lovely with a spark from her fingertips and a new pair of shoes.

i would give all my years of post-graduate medical training up to be that girl again. if wishes could come true.

and, because i hope i haven't lost all vestiges of her, i will gather my words up and start writing again.

No comments: